10 Usual Signs that Your Air Conditioner Requires a Repair
It is common for a person to require an AC repair in El Centro CA due to their systems being used continuously. However, without noticing the proper signs on time, it can result in the situation getting worse and extra cost expenses.
Signs that Say Your Air Conditioner is in Need of a Repair
Rather than wait till the issue gets worse, here are a few signs to be on the lookout for that tells you it is time to call for an AC repair:
- Warm Air: If your system is releasing warm air regardless of it being on for a long time, then it is time to call for a system’s repair. This could be due to the system being clogged or a leak in the air ducts.
- High Humidity: Another function of an AC is to help maintain the humidity level within your home. If you find yourself still feeling sticky even with the system switched on, it is time to call in for a repair.
- High Utility Bill: A sudden spike in your electricity bill is a common sign that there is a problem with your system. This is often related to a decrease in its efficiency, causing it to require a larger amount of power to function.
- Hot and Cold Spots: An imbalance in the temperature that your AC releases can cause a fluctuation in the temperature within the room. This results in hot and cold spots appearing, causing people to leave the system on longer to balance it out.
- Weird Noises: Strange noises like screeching, banging, clinkering, or even grinding suggest that there is an issue with your system and that it requires an AC repair in El Centro CA. It often suggests that there are problems with the internal parts of the system.
- Short Cycling: Short cycling is when your system functions for a short time, switch off, and then repeats the cycle. While it is programmed to do so, if you notice your system switching on and off frequently during the day, then it has a problem.
- Restricted Airflow: This often occurs due to the system’s air filter not being changed regularly. In turn, it becomes clogged up, restricting the flow of air out of the system. The best course of action is to call for an expert to have the filters changed.
- Weird Smells: Weird smells emitting from your system are sometimes dangerous as they could result in a health issue if molds are growing inside the system or be a fire hazard due to wires burning.
- Faulty Thermostat: Considering the thermostat acts as the brain of the air conditioner, a faulty thermostat can result in the system performing poorly. This could be because the thermostat is not given the proper temperature reading.
- Leaks around the Unit: Leaks around your system can suggest that the refrigerant level is low. This prevents the system from properly cooling the air it takes in. Calling for a professional to recharge and fix the leak is ideal as the refrigerant can be harmful if not properly handled.