What Causes My Air Conditioner to Blow Out Warm Air?
If you’ve ever been surprised by a blast of warm air coming from your air conditioning unit, you’re not alone. While it’s normal for your air conditioner to cycle on and off throughout the day, blowing warm air is not something that should be happening. So, what causes this problem? Let’s take a look at the few potential reasons listed by skilled AC technicians at Arctic Air Conditioning, one of the best AC contractors in El Centro, CA.
- Refrigerant leaks: If your air conditioner is leaking refrigerant, it will no longer be able to cool your home effectively. Various factors, such as a cracked coil or a faulty valve, can cause a leak. Regardless of the cause, it’s crucial to have the issue repaired by one of our experienced air conditioning specialists.
- Dirty filters: Another common cause of warm air being blown from your unit is dirty or clogged air filters. When the filters are full of dirt and debris, they restrict airflow and prevent the unit from operating efficiently. Be sure to inspect and replace your filters regularly to avoid this problem.
- Thermostat problems: The improper settings on your thermostat can often cause your air conditioner to blow out warm air. Ensure that the thermostat is set to “Cool” and not “Heat.” You must also check the temperature settings to ensure they are within the recommended range.
- Dirty coils: Condenser coils covered in dirt and debris will prevent your air conditioner unit from blowing out cold air. Over time, the coils can become so full of dirt that they need a regular cleaning or a replacement. Review the guidelines for servicing your air conditioning in El Centro, CA.
- Circuit breaker: If your air conditioner’s circuit breaker has tripped, it will prevent the unit from receiving power and cause it to blow out warm air. To reset the breaker, locate the switch and flip it back to the “On” position.
- Clear the vents: If the vents are blocked by furniture or other objects, it can prevent air from flowing through the unit and cause it to blow out warm air. Ensure you inspect all the vents in your home and clear any obstructions that may be present.
- Fan problems: The fan in your air conditioner is responsible for circulating air throughout the unit. When the fan has issues, it can cause the air conditioning unit to blow out warm air. Cleaning the fan can help your air conditioning system run efficiently.
- Blockages: A blockage in your air conditioning system can cause it to blow out warm air. The most common type of blockage is a dirty or clogged filter. Make sure to check and replace your filters regularly to avoid this issue.
These are just a few potential causes of warm air blowing from your air conditioner. If you’re having this problem, contact us today. Our experienced AC technicians will diagnose and promptly and efficiently repair the issue. Trust us and hire the best AC contractor for your home indoor air solutions in El Centro, CA, and the surrounding areas.