Air Conditioning Tune-Ups In El Centro, CA
Is your air conditioner underperforming? Would you like to lower your monthly utility bills? Wouldn't it be nice to ensure your AC unit lasts throughout its expected lifespan? According to industry experts, yearly AC maintenance is crucial in order to maintain your home's comfort at reasonable costs. A yearly tune-up can drastically extend the lifespan of your air conditioning unit while keeping it highly functional at the same time. Arctic Air Conditioning specializes in AC maintenance and tune-ups in El Centro, Imperial, Calexico, CA, and beyond. Our team of qualified, highly trained technicians is available 24/7 and can service all makes and models of heating and cooling equipment.
Call us now at 760-352-8855 and an expert member of our team will be at your door shortly to inspect your AC unit. Invest in your home comfort today and start saving for the future!
Air Maintenance FAQs
You wouldn't buy a brand-new car and expect to never have to put air in the tires, change the oil, and check out any unusual noises, would you? In the same way that an automobile requires periodic maintenance for optimal performance, a home comfort system should be regularly inspected by a qualified technician.
- Essentially your air conditioner filter is a collector of dust, dirt, grime, and other nasty microscopic things that float around your home. When your heating or cooling system is turned on, it collects these particles to protect your system and clean your home's air, which protects YOUR lungs. Like the lint trap in your dryer, it accumulates a thick layer of these air-borne particles as it circulates air throughout your home.
- Once it has trapped a certain amount, it becomes full and ineffective and gradually restricts the airflow moving through your system. This requires your system to work harder to keep you cool or warm, wasting energy and increasing your monthly bill. As air filters get dirtier, they also become less effective at capturing the airborne germs and pollutants that can irritate your family's breathing. Stuffy noses, sneezing, allergies, and even asthma are triggered. Your family inhales what your filter can't handle any longer.
- An old and forgotten filter can eventually accumulate so much dirt and grime that it can totally choke off the airflow to the system causing a myriad of problems. In the worst case, the filter will be sucked into the blower motor and cause thousands of dollars in damage to your system.
The life of your filter depends on your environment and the type of filter you have installed. To put it simply, there really is no concrete answer to this question. Certain things such as:
- The number of people who live in your home
- If there are pets in the house
- If there is a smoker in the house
- If you leave the windows open
- If you have pollen-bearing trees or plants in the neighborhood
- If you live in an area with a lot of dampness
- If you live in an area that is dry or arid
- Plus many others
If several of these factors sound familiar, you'll likely experience a quicker loading of particles on your filters and will consequently have to change them more often. A good rule of thumb is to check your filter every month. If you can hold the filter up to a light and not see through it, it is time to change your filter. At an absolute minimum, you should change your filter every three months. A clean air filter will also prevent dust and dirt from building up in the system, which could lead to expensive maintenance and utility bills.
Modern central heating and air conditioning systems generally have the filter located as close to the blower unit as possible. The filter(s) can be located at the base of the air handler/furnace unit, in the cold air return duct located in your ceiling, or on your wall. Remove the grill or box cover holding your filter in place. Remove the dirty filter: Dispose of the dirty filter in a bag to contain the dirt. Install: Install the new or cleaned and dried air filter with the airflow arrow pointing toward the blower. Record the date and wash or change the filter within the recommended period. If you experience higher dust levels in your home due to changes in outside air, construction or dry weather, you may need to change or wash your filter more frequently than the recommended period. For questions or concerns about the location or installation of the filter contact the HVAC manufacturer or give us a call. As a reputable HVAC contractor, we can make recommendations that are right for both you and your system.
Fiberglass filters last up to 30 days. Pleated filters can last up to 90 days. Washable filters should be washed every 30 days and last up to 5 years. Mini-pleated filters should be vacuumed every 60 days and will last up to one year. There is no "standard expectancy" for an air filter. It all depends on each home's characteristics, how many people live there, if there are pets, if there are smokers, how much air pollution and pollen is in your town, etc The best way to make sure you are changing your air filter on time is to be proactive and regularly check it monthly. Mark it on your calendar, schedule it in your phone, or put a note on the refrigerator.
Why Maintenance Is Essential?
At Arctic Air Conditioning we understand that enjoying a cool and comfortable home can be very important, especially during the hot summer months. In our part of the world, air conditioning is a necessity. Having regular inspections and preventative maintenance for your cooling system is critical to your system's performance, longevity, and reliability.
Arctic Air Conditioning offers the best AC maintenance and tune-ups in El Centro, Imperial, Calexico, CA, and surrounding areas. Who wouldn't like their air conditioning system to be as energy-efficient as possible? Besides saving lots of money on monthly utility bills, an energy-efficient air conditioner will give you the same level of service by using less energy to do so. Call us now and enjoy:
- Your AC unit like you first bought it
- Enhanced performance
- Lower monthly energy bills
- Longer system lifespan
- Less costly repairs
What are you waiting for? Home comfort has never been as feasible. Give us a shout today to get on our schedule!